Friday, December 16, 2011

Google project conclusion

For my google project, i practiced a bunch of songs in my piano which i hadn't played in a while, and prepared a duet with the flute.
Although at first it was hard getting used to the piano again because it had been such a long time since I played it, once i practiced about an hour or so, the feeling in my hands came back and I was able to play fairly well again
I actually picked the duet as my google project because I thought it would be the easiest, but it proved wrong once we were practicing...
The duet was completely different from a solo in many reasons: you have a lot of pressure because if you get a note wrong the whole song will be off, you have to match the beats and rythms with your partner, and you also have to controll your pitch to keep the harmony
I really get nervous easily in front of many people, and the performance didn't have a satisfactory outcome because I stammered in some parts, although I was perfect the day before :(
This google project helped me improve in my timing (I really have a bad sense of timing and I always get lost in the band) and I think I also improved in my piano playing
Overall it was a fun experience, and if I had the chance to do this again, I would definitely choose to

1 comment: